No hype, no upsell – a practical how-to day
Friday 26th August 2016
9am – 4pm
Beerwah, Sunshine Coast
EARLY BIRD PRICING JUST $247 including full catering and a comprehensive workbook
Come to the Book Planning and Self Publishing workshops and save $100!
I wasn’t sure I had enough time to dedicate to writing and marketing my book and continue to run my business. Alex helped me to see that I already had lots of the material. The structure and process we learned today helped me understand that it’s definitely do-able! I’d recommend this workshop to anyone thinking about writing a book, no matter what stage you are at!
Megyn Carpenter, www.rejuvenatemarketing.com.au
I wanted to self publish but was concerned about how much it would cost and how time consuming it would be. Alex’s course made everything easy and understandable. I realise now it will actually be easier than I thought. Now I understand what my options are, I know I have more chance of finishing the book. Honestly, I came along to the day prepared to groan, but became secure and happy in the future of my project. The wisdom of the workshop gave me a great sense of security about the process and my ability to complete it. It all seems possible now – thanks Alex!
Carol Vejle, Coolum Beach
You want your book to showcase you in the best possible light, to look professional and enticing. This is YOUR book, that’s why you chose to self publish! You are in complete control. But as Spiderman knows, with great power comes great responsibility.
To run a project like self publishing involves making a lot of decisions, about what will work best for your book, your budget, your skills and your business.
Once your manuscript is finished you’ll need to put together all the pages that go before chapter one, create the wording for your cover, and an outline for the cover designer, decide what kind of layout you want for your internals, choose a printing service, register your book and plenty more. Each of these steps is important – each will build the end product that your reader will see on the shelf at the bookshop.
Knowing how to find your way through the maze of choices that will create the best possible book for YOU can be a little overwhelming. Unless you have someone to help you put it all together. Someone who is not affiliated with any publishing houses, printers or marketers. Someone like book coach and editor Alex Mitchell.
At this one day event, Alex will break down the self publishing process into manageable chunks, and walk you through the small and large decisions that will help you create YOUR book YOUR way. Every step is presented in clear, understandable terms, with no waffle or hype.
Alex will guide you to confidence with:
- Your printing and publishing options – how to decide what’s best for your budget and timeframe
- ISBN and CiP – the what, why and how of registering your book
- Title and subtitle – saying it all in just a few words
- The front pages – the pages before chapter one. What to include and how to put it together. Acknowledgements, dedication, title page, imprint page, foreword, preface, contents, introduction and more
- Book design – controlling the flavour of your pages. Make informed decisions about how you’d like your layout to look so your designer can make it happen
- Cover design – creating a compelling cover to draw your reader in – gather your ideas and wording for your graphic artist to implement
- Letting go and launching – being ready to call it finished and get it out into the world with the fanfare you deserve
You will go home with a personalised action plan to create your own book, with all the tools you need to make your dream a reality.
You will also receive membership to the EXCLUSIVE Self to Shelf Author Support Group on Facebook, bringing together likeminded authors for ongoing connection and support.
The workshops are held at an informal and inspiring creative space in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. The setting and small group size are ideal for personalised attention, discussion, reflection and concentration so you can take on all the resources you need. A delicious morning and afternoon tea, gourmet vegetarian lunch and fresh hot coffee are included.
- A day’s tuition, discussion and inspiration
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Personalised take home action plan
- Membership of an exclusive online author support group
$297 for the day including full catering and a comprehensive workbook
EARLY BIRD PRICING JUST $247!
Enquiries: Alex 0434 088 742
NB Purchase of your ticket indicates acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
Questions, concerns, confusion or anything else you would like to chat about? Contact me here:
Alex Mitchell – Author Support Services – Sunshine Coast, Australia – 0434 088742. Or email me here: