About Alex Mitchell
Alex Mitchell is a book coach, book editor, workshop facilitator,
keynote speaker, networking group founder,
and most of all is an author’s best friend.
Through her work with Author Support Services, Alex helps authors and business people explore ways to share their story, showcase expertise and stand out in a crowded market.
Her speaking style makes her a breath of fresh air with a genuine desire to support authors in their writing journey. She is fun, down to earth, and has an incredible knowledge of the book writing and publishing process. The audience will learn, they will laugh and most of all they will discover the hidden truth about what it takes to write a book.
Alex draws on nine years of publishing experience, helping many hundreds of authors to bring their book writing dreams to reality.For those same nine years she has been running the not-for-profit Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs, helping business women to learn and grow in a community of collaboration rather than competition. This combination of business skills, industry expertise and an authentic desire to help others shine their brightest, makes her sessions a wonderful mix of understanding, learning and community building.
The room will be abuzz as fabulous ideas are unleashed. Passionate about motivating her audience, Alex will inspire you to plan your book project for business success. Alex delivers excellent information, she is real and authentic and a perfect match for those who want to take those book ideas further and turn them into a living, breathing book.
“Very informative. Well structured and easy to follow”
How would writing a book help my business?
Everywhere you look people seem to be writing books. And more and more small business people are considering it as a strategy to help take their business to the next level.
But is it worth the time and expense? And is it worth it? Will writing a book about your area of expertise actually bring more clients or more income to your business?
These are all very real questions for small business people.
Come along and learn:
- How you could apply this to YOUR business
- Benefits of being a published author
- Avoiding costly and time consuming mistakes
- Finding and speaking to your target audience
- How to plan your book project for business success
What should I write my book about?
Writing a book is a great way to showcase your expertise and a sure fire way to stand out in a crowded market.
But what exactly should you write about?
If you’ve been thinking about writing a book, this session will help you:
- Explore your own book ideas
- Look at different ways to share your story and your expertise
- Learn which approaches will help you reach your business goal
Alex shares insider tips on how to edit like a professional. There’s so much you can do yourself, when you know how!
During this session, you’ll learn tips and tricks of the trade to help your writing showcase your fabulousness, including:
- The secret strategy to looking at your writing objectively
- What to delete and what to keep
- Creating clear and concise content
All Topics are available as 20 minute, 40 minute and 90 minute presentations
“Lively, informative and well presented”
“Thanks so much Alex for speaking at the Noosa Council libraries. I have to say I was really impressed with your session. You are a truly fantastic speaker, and I see a lot! You break things down really well, provide lots of great examples and are so friendly and welcoming. The attendees all provided very positive feedback and found the information helpful and relevant.”
Community Programs, Noosa Library Service, Noosa Council
- Targeting Your Writing for a Business Boost Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs 25 July 2015
- The story behind the success Le Club events 5th March 2015
- How would writing a book help my business? Marketing Mojo 2015
- Insider Editing Tips Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs 6th Sep 2014
- Business Boosting Books 1.5 hour workshops across six libraries in March 2014
- Kitchen Table Network How would writing a book help my business? Forest Glen, Sunshine Coast: 19th November 2013
- Sunshine Coast Networking How would writing a book help my business? 10th September 2013
- Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs What should I write about? 27th July 2013
“Alex was a very inspirational speaker with relevant info”
Download Speakers Kit
Click the image above to download Alex Mitchell’s Speakers Kit.
“I facilitated an event where Alex Mitchell was the guest speaker, and what a gift Alex’s presentation was! What was crystal clear from the outset was Alex’s depth of understanding and experience in her topic area – she knows about book writing and how to take a great idea and turn it into a reality, and all the bumps and turns an emerging author can face along the way. I looked around the room during Alex’s presentation and every single face was watching her with keen interest – she really captured the audience’s attention and kept it throughout her entire presentation. The social media buzz afterward was testimony to the impact of Alex’s presentation. Alex has a warm, accessible and engaging style that make people lean forward in their chair, wanting to hear every word.”
“Engaging, informative and approachable”
Contact me for bookings and further information
Alex Mitchell – Author Support Services – Sunshine Coast, Australia – 0434 088742. Or email me here: