About Alex Fullerton
Alex Fullerton is a book coach, book editor, workshop facilitator, keynote speaker, networking group founder, and most of all is an author’s best friend.
Through her work with Author Support Services, Alex helps authors and business people explore ways to share their story, showcase expertise and stand out in a crowded market.
Her speaking style makes her a breath of fresh air with a genuine desire to support authors in their writing journey. She is fun, down to earth, and has an incredible knowledge of the book writing and publishing process. The audience will learn, they will laugh and most of all they will discover the hidden truth about what it takes to write a book and build a solid business around it.
Alex draws on ten years of publishing experience, helping many hundreds of authors to bring their book writing dreams to reality.For those same ten years, she has been running the not-for-profit Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs, helping business women to learn and grow in a community of collaboration rather than competition. This combination of business skills, industry expertise and an authentic desire to help others shine their brightest, makes her sessions a wonderful mix of understanding, learning and community building.
“Very informative. Well structured and easy to follow”
Get Your FREE Consultation!
Enter your details below and we will be in touch to book your FREE consultation session.
“Engaging, informative and approachable”
How would writing a book help my business?
Everywhere you look people seem to be writing books. And more and more small business people are considering it as a strategy to help take their business to the next level.
But is it worth the time and expense? And is it worth it? Will writing a book about your area of expertise actually bring more clients or more income to your business?
These are all very real questions for small business people.
Come along and learn:
- How you could apply this to YOUR business
- Benefits of being a published author
- Avoiding costly and time consuming mistakes
- Finding and speaking to your target audience
- How to plan your book project for business success
What should I write my book about?
Writing a book is a great way to showcase your expertise and a sure fire way to stand out in a crowded market.
But what exactly should you write about?
If you’ve been thinking about writing a book, this session will help you:
- Explore your own book ideas
- Look at different ways to share your story and your expertise
- Learn which approaches will help you reach your business goal
Insider editing tips – DIY Strategies
Alex shares insider tips on how to edit like a professional. There’s so much you can do yourself, when you know how!
During this session, you’ll learn tips and tricks of the trade to help your writing showcase your fabulousness, including:
- The secret strategy to looking at your writing objectively
- What to delete and what to keep
- Creating clear and concise content
Targeted writing for a business boost
Whether you are writing blogs, articles or a book, if you are going to put the effort in, you want to get something out of it for your business. And like most business activities, a bit of planning will take you along the way.
Think about everything you know on your subject. Years of experience, decades of research, a lifetime of personal experience. You want to share and you know you have something important to say. Maybe that’s what’s holding you back – maybe you have so much to say it’s hard to know where to start!
Join me as we:
- Unpack your knowledge
- Pinpoint exactly what to write about
- Target it for best effect
The real story of building a successful business
Alex Fullerton is the Coast’s best-known self-publishing specialist. She offers a powerful mix of book writing expertise, coaching skills, editing, cheer leading and butt kicking that has seen hundreds of business people create books to complement their businesses and increase their professional standing. You might also know her as the woman behind the hugely successful group not-for-profit education and networking group Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs, with over 1500 members. A finalist in the Business Woman of the Year awards, Alex was recently married to the man of her dreams and lives on a picturesque farm in the hinterland with some of their seven children.
Sounds idyllic, doesn’t it. But the story of the woman behind the successful business face shows that you don’t need to have it all to get it all. Alex started her business journey as a single parent, living in poverty but determined to make something of her life after surviving the devastating Boxing Day tsunami with her two young children. Alex will share some of her secrets to starting nowhere and ending up somewhere, including:
- Building a business in the real world
- The juggle of looking after your business, your kids and your parents
- Finding your place in the market
- Remembering why you started
- The importance of giving back
All Topics are available as 20 minute, 40 minute and 90 minute presentations
“Thanks so much Alex for speaking at the Noosa Council libraries. I have to say I was really impressed with your session. You are a truly fantastic speaker, and I see a lot! You break things down really well, provide lots of great examples and are so friendly and welcoming. The attendees all provided very positive feedback and found the information helpful and relevant.”
Liz Bleechmore Community Programs, Noosa Library Service, Noosa Council
- Panel guest at Indie Publishing Forum, hosted by Queensland Writer’s Centre, State Library of QLD 1st Aug 2018
- Targeting Your Writing for a Business Boost Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs 25 July 2015
- The story behind the success Le Club events 5th March 2015
- How would writing a book help my business? Marketing Mojo 2015
- Insider Editing Tips Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs 6th Sep 2014
- Business Boosting Books 1.5 hour workshops across six libraries in March 2014
- Kitchen Table Network How would writing a book help my business? Forest Glen, Sunshine Coast: 19th November 2013
- Sunshine Coast Networking How would writing a book help my business? 10th September 2013
- Sunshine Coast Women Entrepreneurs What should I write about? 27th July 2013
“Alex was a very inspirational speaker with relevant info”
“I facilitated an event where Alex was the guest speaker, and what a gift Alex’s presentation was! What was crystal clear from the outset was Alex’s depth of understanding and experience in her topic area – she knows about book writing and how to take a great idea and turn it into a reality, and all the bumps and turns an emerging author can face along the way. I looked around the room during Alex’s presentation and every single face was watching her with keen interest – she really captured the audience’s attention and kept it throughout her entire presentation. The social media buzz afterward was testimony to the impact of Alex’s presentation. Alex has a warm, accessible and engaging style that make people lean forward in their chair, wanting to hear every word.”